Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Standing in Holy Places


On the way home from Cedar City for Jeff's graduation we stopped at BYU to go see the
 'Carl Bloch, The Master's Hand' exhibit.
Talk about beautiful! 
The paintings depict the life of our Savior Jesus Christ,
and the spirit that accompanied them was so powerful.
There was a hushed reverence about the crowd,
which was large since it was the last day the exhibit was open.
People of all religions and creeds had gathered to view the magnificent artwork that brings to life the mortal ministry described in the New Testament.


Although it's difficult to choose a favorite from such a collection of masterpieces,
this one entitled 'Christ in Gethsemane' was the one that moved me the most.
I could have stood there forever looking into His eyes and feeling of His love for me.
I honestly had tears running down my cheeks as I reflected on all he suffered for me.
I plan to buy a print of this painting for our home.  What a beautiful reminder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment